Island to Island is the on line presence of J B ROSEY, one of the oldest shops in the historic burgh of Stromness. Based on the main island of Orkney 20 miles off the north coast of Scotland. Nestled in the heart of the town, J B Rosey has stood proudly at the Pierhead for a third of its 158 years. Like the sea around us ebbing and flowing the shop has evolved to cater for customers from near and far.
We offer bespoke knitwear under the Island to Island label:
Always a keen knitter, it was a natural progression to offer my bespoke knitwear to a wider audience. Being Born and living in Orkney most of my life I decided I only wanted to knit with wool from Island communities. That is when Island to Island was born.
North Ronaldsay yarn is beautifully warm and soft, harvested from our very own seaweed eating sheep from Orkneys most northerly island, I also use wool from the tiny Island of Auskerry where they have a small flock of North Ronaldsay sheep.
Lopi wool from Iceland, the sheep have more than a passing resemblance to our North Ronaldsay sheep and belong to the same ancient family of northern European short hair sheep.
Now I regularly have orders from the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
A selection of locally made Crafts including
- Artworks and gifts from Art works of the Earth
- Glasswear from Gramble Glass
- Gifts made from locally gathered sea glass
- Locally produced yarn both natural and hand dyed from Prim Peacock and Isle of Auskerry
- Hand turned wooden Dealgen’s or Scottish Spindles for hand spinning
- Jewellery from local silversmiths Frances Garriock and Zoe Davidson
- Small pieces of Locally made Pottery from Kerryanne Flett and Fursbreck Pottery
- Locally made knitwear from a group of talented ladies
- Hand quilting from Sue Mclay
- Slate pieces by Swartland slate
Clothing Haberdashery and crafting supplies.
If you don’t see what you are looking for please get in touch we have many more items available in the shop
Phone: +44 (0)1856 850287
J B ROSEY
19 Victoria Street